Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Relaxation in Contact Pressure due to Creep

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

Here I attached a model in which two rectangle are compressed to each other, by giving some displacement to the bottom rectangle and keeping the upper one fixed. By doing this there is a suffiently contact presure generated at the interface in the step 1 of study (stationary). In step 2 (time-dependent) I analyze the effect of creep on this contact pressure and find that the contat pressure is decreaseing with time and results are good. Now I have to model a small hole at the interface (which will deformed in step1) and in step2, I want to analze the change in shape ( relaxation in deformed shape) of this hole with time(creep). In this part I am facing many errors in the simulation like-

(Iteration for finding local equation variables did not converge.)

I am highly thankful for your valuable suggesntions. Thanks Shyam

0 Replies Last Post 14 mai 2022, 03:11 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Shyam Kishor

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.