Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol matlab batch run in Linux

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Everybody,

I want run Comsol simulation files in batch mode in Linux. The KB article (www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/980/) gives the command to execute only one matlab simulation in file run1.m in Linux Konsole.

comsol matlab -ml -nodesktop -ml -nosplash -mlr "run1, exit"

I want to execute multiple simulations through one file which contains the different simulation details. How to execute multiple simulations through Linux Konsole?
Please share your expertise.

Thanks,
Rakesh

1 Reply Last Post 8 févr. 2010, 02:31 UTC−5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 févr. 2010, 02:31 UTC−5
Personally I have tried two ways:

1) Through Matlab interface, by using loops and multicore features
2) Using Python job queue & threading, which is my preferred way. I assign 10 slots for running and when one is finished, the next one is assigned. This tutorial may help you: taher-zadeh.com/blog/threading-in-python-tutorial
Personally I have tried two ways: 1) Through Matlab interface, by using loops and multicore features 2) Using Python job queue & threading, which is my preferred way. I assign 10 slots for running and when one is finished, the next one is assigned. This tutorial may help you: http://taher-zadeh.com/blog/threading-in-python-tutorial

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.