Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

hyperelastic compression (How to calculate deformation and Force)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

How to calculate deformation and Force in COMSOL Multiphysics with a hyperelastic compression configuration?

I was able to use prescribed displacement to solve the configuration but I need to calculate the Force for each deformation.

4 Replies Last Post 4 août 2022, 16:48 UTC−4

Posted: 2 years ago 4 août 2022, 02:13 UTC−4

Define a Nonlocal Coupling integration over your hyperelastic domain. Under the advanced settings for this coupling, choose "Summation over nodes".

Update your solution.

In your results, you can plot "intop1(solid.RFz)" for your auxilliary sweep, (if you want to see the reaction force in the z direction).

Mark

Define a Nonlocal Coupling integration over your hyperelastic domain. Under the advanced settings for this coupling, choose "Summation over nodes". Update your solution. In your results, you can plot "intop1(solid.RFz)" for your auxilliary sweep, (if you want to see the reaction force in the z direction). Mark

Posted: 2 years ago 4 août 2022, 09:01 UTC−4

Hi Mark,

Here is the 2D.mph file for the simulation, I tried what you described but i am not getting the steps. If you can help me to look at the file.

Will the same steps work for the 3D as well?

Hi Mark, Here is the 2D.mph file for the simulation, I tried what you described but i am not getting the steps. If you can help me to look at the file. Will the same steps work for the 3D as well?

Posted: 2 years ago 4 août 2022, 09:25 UTC−4

See attached file.

See attached file.

Posted: 2 years ago 4 août 2022, 16:48 UTC−4

Thank you Mark.

Thank you Mark.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.