Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to provide a pulsed input???

Muthuraman Chinnadurai

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
Am working on AC/DC module and would be grateful if you guys could help me for my problem.
My issue is to give an pulsed input of 1200v with duration of 10^(-9)second.

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies Last Post 4 oct. 2012, 01:48 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 3 oct. 2012, 04:03 UTC−4
Hi,

You can use "step" function of COMSOL:

step1(t-t_start)*1200-step1(t-t_start-dt_pulse)*1200

t_start= instant that you want to impose the pulse
dt_pulse=1e-9
Set the size of transition zone of "step" function, time step enough small (<1e-9)

Regards,

Dinh
Hi, You can use "step" function of COMSOL: step1(t-t_start)*1200-step1(t-t_start-dt_pulse)*1200 t_start= instant that you want to impose the pulse dt_pulse=1e-9 Set the size of transition zone of "step" function, time step enough small (

Muthuraman Chinnadurai

Posted: 1 decade ago 3 oct. 2012, 04:20 UTC−4
Thank you very much for reply Mr.Dinh
Since am totally new to comsol i would love the opportunity of receiving further assistance.
I had designed a model which include a circular dielectric material and two electrodes ?(Positive & ground)
All i know about applying voltage is to enter 1200 in the equation which appears when i click Electric potential under Electrostatics.May i kindly request your esteemed self to add more details such as where to enter the values etc.
Thank you.
Thank you very much for reply Mr.Dinh Since am totally new to comsol i would love the opportunity of receiving further assistance. I had designed a model which include a circular dielectric material and two electrodes ?(Positive & ground) All i know about applying voltage is to enter 1200 in the equation which appears when i click Electric potential under Electrostatics.May i kindly request your esteemed self to add more details such as where to enter the values etc. Thank you.

Muthuraman Chinnadurai

Posted: 1 decade ago 3 oct. 2012, 12:04 UTC−4
may i know where to find the step function?
may i know where to find the step function?

Muthuraman Chinnadurai

Posted: 1 decade ago 3 oct. 2012, 12:28 UTC−4
May i know where to find the step function?
May i know where to find the step function?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 3 oct. 2012, 12:54 UTC−4
Hi

in v4 under Definitions - Functions you find several predefined functions, and several have "smoothing " options for the else sharp edges, check the sub nodes of the functions

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi in v4 under Definitions - Functions you find several predefined functions, and several have "smoothing " options for the else sharp edges, check the sub nodes of the functions -- Good luck Ivar

Muthuraman Chinnadurai

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 oct. 2012, 01:48 UTC−4
Thank you sir!!!!
Thank you sir!!!!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.