Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

sinusoidal function

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all

I have to use a sinusoidal function [e,g X0+(X1*(cos*(w*t)))]. Where and how can I write it?

rgds

Anup

3 Replies Last Post 5 janv. 2013, 06:40 UTC−5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 oct. 2012, 10:58 UTC−4
Hi

define an analytical function then add in your expression and change the argument to "t", have w and X0, X1 defined as parameter and then plot to check it.

Then in your equation / BC entry write an1(t) or an1(t[1/s]) if you have not set the argument units (you should it's cleaner ...)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi define an analytical function then add in your expression and change the argument to "t", have w and X0, X1 defined as parameter and then plot to check it. Then in your equation / BC entry write an1(t) or an1(t[1/s]) if you have not set the argument units (you should it's cleaner ...) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 oct. 2012, 13:03 UTC−4
Thanx ......

Thanx ......

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 janv. 2013, 06:40 UTC−5
Hi Ivar

please help to write the above equation

Y=X0*(1+sin*(w*t))

where

w=2*pi*f (rad/s), t=argument(s)

I have tried with analytical function after defining w in variables and all other constants in parameters.

when I tried to plot it shows following errors:

syntax error in expression
Expression: ()[1/s]
Sub Expression: ()[1/s]
Position 1

rgds

Anup
Hi Ivar please help to write the above equation Y=X0*(1+sin*(w*t)) where w=2*pi*f (rad/s), t=argument(s) I have tried with analytical function after defining w in variables and all other constants in parameters. when I tried to plot it shows following errors: syntax error in expression Expression: ()[1/s] Sub Expression: ()[1/s] Position 1 rgds Anup

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.