Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error on "polynomial transition functions"

Gopoojithaa Athmarajah

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am trying to simulate the drying of soils using microwave therefore i coupled 'microwave heating' and 'moisture flow in porous media' in comsol 6.0. I am getting this error message which i couldn't understand the reason/issue that I have in my model. For my knowledge the model terminates when it fails to calculate the heat flux boundary condition that I have defined as a forced external convection.

Can anyone please explain me the source of this error message or how can I resolve this?

Polynomial transition functions cannot be evaluated for complex arguments.  - Function: flc1hsFailed to evaluate expression.  - Expression: 1-flc1hs(hf1.heaviside__internalArgument,0.5)Error in user-defined function.  - Function: comp1.ht.hf1.heavisideFailed to evaluate variable.  - Variable: comp1.ht.hf1.hsExprLow  - Defined as: ((((0.3387comp1.ht.hf1.heaviside(2.0E-5((-500000)+comp1.ht.hf1.Re)))comp1.ht.hf1.kExtFluid)(comp1.ht.hf1.Pr^0.33333333333333331483))(comp1.ht.hf1.Re^0.5))/(comp1.ht.hf1.L((1+((0.0468/comp1.ht.hf1.Pr)^0.66666666666666662966))^0.25))Failed to evaluate expression.  - Expression: nojac(2(comp1.ht.hf1.hsExprLow+comp1.ht.hf1.hsExprHigh))Failed to evaluate variable.  - Variable: comp1.ht.hf1.h_expr  - Defined as: nojac(2(comp1.ht.hf1.hsExprLow+comp1.ht.hf1.hsExprHigh))Failed to evaluate variable.  - Variable: comp1.ht.hf1.h  - Defined as: comp1.ht.hf1.h_exprFailed to evaluate variable.  - Variable: comp1.ht.hf1.q0  - Defined as: comp1.ht.hf1.h(comp1.ht.hf1.Text-comp1.ht.hf1.Tvar)Failed to evaluate expression.  - Expression: dvol_spatial(comp1.ht.hf1.q0comp1.ht.d)Failed to evaluate Jacobian of expression.  - Expression: (comp1.ht.hf1.q0test(comp1.ht.hf1.Tvar)comp1.ht.d)(dvol_spatial)

0 Replies Last Post 26 mai 2023, 03:49 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Gopoojithaa Athmarajah

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.