Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Dubinin Sorption Model on Dual Porosity System

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hope this message finds you all well. I have a little technical question. I am currently trying to build a dual porosity model using the earth science module of comsol multiphysics 3.5a. However, I have hit a little bit of a roadblock and I do not know whom else to ask. As well as dual porosity I am trying to model coalbed methane sorption by using the dubinin sorption model. Using this model the matrix storage term turns out to be

Matrix Storage=c1*exp(-(c2*ln(c3/p))^2)

where c1, c2, and c3 are constants and p is the pressure in the system. and the second term of the material balance equation turns out to be the derivative of this matrix storage. The problem is that comsol's default equation has the second term of the material balance equation expressed as da*p' where da is the damping mass coefficient and p' is the derivative of pressure with time. However, using the dubinin sorption model it is not possible to simplify the equation in such a way that it ends up with a coefficient multiplied by a time derivative of pressure. I have tried fiddling around with the equation system but it has yielded no results.

Any ideas on how to modify the equation system so as to fit my dubinin model? Any help on the matter will be very gratefully appreciated. Attached is a word document with the numerical model, perhaps it makes the question clearer. Appologies if the question is not very clear, or if it is very long winded, it is my first time in this forum.

Kind Regards,

Andres Bracho.

0 Replies Last Post 29 janv. 2013, 05:09 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Andres Bracho

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.