Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Failing to get ion-current in a microwave plasma

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I am using the plasma module mwp in 4.3b. Microwave heated Plasma.
Within this microwave plasma , I want to have a sample on DC bias..
This all looks nice.. but I am not sure I get current out of it?
starting from the library model, adding a metal boundary into the plasma region downstream.
setting its boundary to terminal (applying voltage to it.)
you can only charge it.
adding some circuit, should help.. but even there I have no luck..

the "inplane...where is the current" takes 31 minutes here on a i7..

I have Ion-current and e-current in the mwp.module, but nothing what would flow into the circuit..

why?

Help.

thanks,
Lukas

1 Reply Last Post 2 juil. 2013, 05:26 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2 juil. 2013, 05:26 UTC−4

Now it is working..

but not when I use the Terminal options given by 4.3b ?

I have to define the integrals of the electron and ion currents and to couple "by hand" cir and mwp ..

One step further..
Good feeling..
Frustration level resetted..

Lukas
Now it is working.. but not when I use the Terminal options given by 4.3b ? I have to define the integrals of the electron and ion currents and to couple "by hand" cir and mwp .. One step further.. Good feeling.. Frustration level resetted.. Lukas

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.