Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

scaling factor of PML

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Does anyone optimize the performance of PML by parameter sweep of the scaling factor of PML?
If we change the scaling factor of PML, the geometry size of the PML and also the mesh inside is multipled by such a factor, is this correct? What should be the range of this factor?
My problem is that I have a glass substrate in the domain, and I found that the reflection from PML is not neglectable. The PML only works perfectly if the background domain is homogeous.
If anyone have optimized the performance of PML by those factors, I would very happy to discuss with him.

1 Reply Last Post 16 nov. 2010, 09:49 UTC−5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 nov. 2010, 09:49 UTC−5
Hi

indeed PML assume a material if you set air and you end with glass you will have some reflections, ideally you should match the environment accordingly for best results

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi indeed PML assume a material if you set air and you end with glass you will have some reflections, ideally you should match the environment accordingly for best results -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.