Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How do I access solutions at specific coordinates

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all

It's a naive question, but how can I access solutions to variables at specific coordinates. For example i want to plot variable1(x=0.2,y=0.5) vs time. Thanks!

3 Replies Last Post 25 août 2011, 19:28 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 févr. 2011, 17:31 UTC−5
To rephrase my question. I have the solution to a certain variable, var1 vs. radial distance at many time points. I want to plot radial distance vs. time for a particular value of var1. How can i do this?
To rephrase my question. I have the solution to a certain variable, var1 vs. radial distance at many time points. I want to plot radial distance vs. time for a particular value of var1. How can i do this?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 févr. 2011, 03:00 UTC−5
Hi

in v3.5 via matlab you used the postinterp() operator, but now it has changed name in V4, see the doc.

I mostly make a point or better an internal edge/surface alon the path I want to retrieve and then I plot out the values thereon in a table. You have also the solution edge/surface ... section

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi in v3.5 via matlab you used the postinterp() operator, but now it has changed name in V4, see the doc. I mostly make a point or better an internal edge/surface alon the path I want to retrieve and then I plot out the values thereon in a table. You have also the solution edge/surface ... section -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 août 2011, 19:28 UTC−4
See which doc?
Link to it?
Can't you just tell me the name of the new operator?

See which doc? Link to it? Can't you just tell me the name of the new operator?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.