Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

defining the dual phase lag (DPL) Bio-heat equation in cofficient form of PDE mode(especially for Ivar)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I have attached my DPL bioheat equation. I want to define this equation in coeffficient form of comsol 3.5. Can you suggest me how to dfine it in comsol (espacially the non-linear heat flux gradient term in right hand side of the DPL equation attached here).

Please help me with your comments.
thanks

2 Replies Last Post 30 mars 2011, 02:39 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 29 mars 2011, 17:49 UTC−4
Hi,
what are the boundary conditions for your problem?
Moreover, I think that the General form PDE should be better for non linear partial differential equations
Hi, what are the boundary conditions for your problem? Moreover, I think that the General form PDE should be better for non linear partial differential equations

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 mars 2011, 02:39 UTC−4
Hi Francesco

I have taken the two boundary condition conditions(Neumann and Dirichlet). The problem is how to define the extra gradient flux term in the general PDE equation.Please look at the attached fife.There is an temperature gradient term multiplied by thermal conductivity and relaxation time in DPL Bioheat equation I have defined as diff(del^2(T),t). Is it correct?

Thanks and Regards
Hi Francesco I have taken the two boundary condition conditions(Neumann and Dirichlet). The problem is how to define the extra gradient flux term in the general PDE equation.Please look at the attached fife.There is an temperature gradient term multiplied by thermal conductivity and relaxation time in DPL Bioheat equation I have defined as diff(del^2(T),t). Is it correct? Thanks and Regards

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.