Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Maximum values of Different lines in Postprocess

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

my 2d model has been solved, and 21 additional lines were created on the domain (surface) by " cut line 2D" from "Results" .
Now, I want to get the maximum value of each line respectively, how can I make this?
Attached graph was plotted from these 21 parallel lines, my work is to non-dimensional-normalized each line,
obtain the ratio of temperature to the peak value.

It's already known that with a predefined Probe or maximum coupling variable, one can get the maximum from defined boundaries, which is based on condition that all these lines (boundaries) have already been made in geometry beforehand. But this do not help for my problem.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Best regards

3 Replies Last Post 30 mars 2011, 01:38 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 29 mars 2011, 15:41 UTC−4
Hi

I assume you could make a maximum "derived value" for one line, then duplicate it 24 times, and fill a table. If you need these values for futer processing, one must define them as a variable, probably 24 of them, a bit a hassle.

One can aslo make a cut line in 2D, and refer to a familiy of cut line (NOTE:often the range for the family must be negative, if the original line is vertical, going up, as then its "normal" is in the counterclockwise direction)

It requires some typing

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I assume you could make a maximum "derived value" for one line, then duplicate it 24 times, and fill a table. If you need these values for futer processing, one must define them as a variable, probably 24 of them, a bit a hassle. One can aslo make a cut line in 2D, and refer to a familiy of cut line (NOTE:often the range for the family must be negative, if the original line is vertical, going up, as then its "normal" is in the counterclockwise direction) It requires some typing -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 29 mars 2011, 22:10 UTC−4
Thanks ,Ivar

what should I do if i want to refer to the cut line family?

Best regards!
Thanks ,Ivar what should I do if i want to refer to the cut line family? Best regards!

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 mars 2011, 01:38 UTC−4
Hi

Good question, from my knowledge you can only refer to variables, sou then you need to define 24 max() operators, and 24 variables, or via the derived values, these you can dump ina table and extract to another software for further processing, which is sometimes easier

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Good question, from my knowledge you can only refer to variables, sou then you need to define 24 max() operators, and 24 variables, or via the derived values, these you can dump ina table and extract to another software for further processing, which is sometimes easier -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.