Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Locked This discussion was locked by a forum moderator.

Error in Uniform Lumped port setup

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am new to comsol and trying to work through some examples I was given. Right now I am trying to create a microstrip. I have an a print out how to create it but that was for COMSOL 3.5. Right now I am using 4.2.

The error message I keep getting is"Error during multiphysics Error in uniform lumped port setup -- Feature:lumped POrt 2 , error in automatic sequence generation

I can't seem to find anything on it. Could some either points me in the right direction of tell me how to fix it

2 Replies Last Post 6 juil. 2011, 08:07 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 6 juil. 2011, 03:41 UTC−4
Hi

I had problems (errors) with uniform lumped ports too, the error message looked a bit different (in 4.1). I resolved it by using user defined ports and spedifying width and height.
I don't know why uniform didn't work and also COMSOL support didn't find a solution.

Cheers
Edgar
Hi I had problems (errors) with uniform lumped ports too, the error message looked a bit different (in 4.1). I resolved it by using user defined ports and spedifying width and height. I don't know why uniform didn't work and also COMSOL support didn't find a solution. Cheers Edgar

Andrea Ferrario COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 6 juil. 2011, 08:07 UTC−4
Hi Eric,

Those errors are usually thrown because the ports are not setup correctly. Lumped ports must be set up between two metallic boundaries (perfect electric conductors or impedance boundary conditions). If there are more or less than 2 boundaries, the error is thrown.

If you still have problems in setting up the model, please give more information on the model you are working on. Are you trying to reproduce the "microstrip on pcb" model from version 3.5?

Hi Edgar,

I found your support case in our database, but unfortunately I cannot read German, so I cannot understand which problems you experienced. As you said, however, the solution of using an user defined port is in any case valid.

--
Andrea Ferrario
Electromagnetics Group
COMSOL AB
Hi Eric, Those errors are usually thrown because the ports are not setup correctly. Lumped ports must be set up between two metallic boundaries (perfect electric conductors or impedance boundary conditions). If there are more or less than 2 boundaries, the error is thrown. If you still have problems in setting up the model, please give more information on the model you are working on. Are you trying to reproduce the "microstrip on pcb" model from version 3.5? Hi Edgar, I found your support case in our database, but unfortunately I cannot read German, so I cannot understand which problems you experienced. As you said, however, the solution of using an user defined port is in any case valid. -- Andrea Ferrario Electromagnetics Group COMSOL AB

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.