Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

motion of a wire through a tube

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello again,

I'm still studying heat transfer in an open oven trough which passes a wire. If I want to pass a solid through a tube full of gaz, should I use a moving mesh physics with a time-dependant sudy, or could it be done with a translational motion node with a stationary study?

The main type of heat flux is radiation and I tried with ALE and over time I see my solid moving along the tube but it doesn't heat up at all, even at low speed. Does anyone have an idea why?

1 Reply Last Post 11 juil. 2011, 08:50 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 11 juil. 2011, 08:50 UTC−4
Found out about what was wrong, the mesh stayed the same so I guess basically my wire didn't leave its initial place. I could do the moving thing with the stop/remesh/rerun technique but my tube is very long and it would take like forever.... so I give up i will find another way.
Found out about what was wrong, the mesh stayed the same so I guess basically my wire didn't leave its initial place. I could do the moving thing with the stop/remesh/rerun technique but my tube is very long and it would take like forever.... so I give up i will find another way.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.