Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

External I vs U in parallel for electrical circuits?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I would like to know why the DAE is inconsistent when I put 2 "External I vs U" branches in parallel in the electrical circuits node? Can't we apply the same circuit voltage to 2 different parts in a 2D model? This way, they don't necessarily share the same current, but the voltage is forced to be the same.

Best regards,

ML

1 Reply Last Post 11 juil. 2011, 01:58 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 11 juil. 2011, 01:58 UTC−4
Hi Mathieu!

You can use a small serial resistor (1mOhm works for me) for each IvsU, and it will run...

Ralf
Hi Mathieu! You can use a small serial resistor (1mOhm works for me) for each IvsU, and it will run... Ralf

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.