Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

increasing load

Carlos Eutimio Curiel Montoya

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I'm new to COMSOL and I'm trying to simulate a beam under a load, and I want to study the effects of a increasing load from say, 0 [N] to a 100 [N], I don´t know if I can program a function to increase the force automatically or if I have to do this manually.

In the end I want to get a table that compares the input force to the resulting deflections in the beam

1 Reply Last Post 19 août 2011, 07:50 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 août 2011, 07:50 UTC−4
Hi

Select the stationary solver node and expand the "Extension" tab, there you can take a predefined "Parameter" and make it scan a range, and then you multiply your load by the parameter to have it changing

This implies tht you do not change your geometry, only the BCs, otherwise you need to use the "externla" Parametric Sweep functionality

Check the Forum, there are several discussion around this feature

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Select the stationary solver node and expand the "Extension" tab, there you can take a predefined "Parameter" and make it scan a range, and then you multiply your load by the parameter to have it changing This implies tht you do not change your geometry, only the BCs, otherwise you need to use the "externla" Parametric Sweep functionality Check the Forum, there are several discussion around this feature -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.