Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Phase of port in RF

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to set up a boundary condition on a cube in a 3D RF simulation such that there is always a maximal magnetic field amplitude in the center. I have tried to accomplish this by playing around with the phase setting in the port boundary condition, but it does not seem to change anything no matter the order of the number I put into it. Does anyone know a way to accomplish this? I am rather new to FEM methods, so please forgive me if I am missing something basic.

Thank you,
Jon

1 Reply Last Post 1 févr. 2012, 19:46 UTC+1
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jonathan Singer

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 1 févr. 2012, 19:46 UTC+1
Hi,
This problem has probably been solved a long time ago, but I just bumped into it. The answer seems to be that Port phase is not active for port types Numeric and Coaxial. According to the documentation: "The Port phase field in the previous section has no impact for this mode type because the phase is determined by the entered fields." As I use Numeric, I will look for another way of setting the phase of the field, which currently flips 180 degrees randomly.
Hi, This problem has probably been solved a long time ago, but I just bumped into it. The answer seems to be that Port phase is not active for port types Numeric and Coaxial. According to the documentation: "The Port phase field in the previous section has no impact for this mode type because the phase is determined by the entered fields." As I use Numeric, I will look for another way of setting the phase of the field, which currently flips 180 degrees randomly.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.