Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

continuing a simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

If I have a time dependent model that ran OK say from 0 to 50 microsecs and I wish to continue

the simulation from 50 to 100 microsecs.

How is this done?

thanks

David

3 Replies Last Post 31 août 2011, 10:30 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 31 août 2011, 09:28 UTC−4

Hi

If I have a time dependent model that ran OK say from 0 to 50 microsecs and I wish to continue

the simulation from 50 to 100 microsecs.

How is this done?

thanks

David

Hi David

Not sure if I answer what you are asking for, but if you set your solution as your initial values/start conditions and solve for 50 more microseconds my thought would be that this is what you want.

Nils E
[QUOTE] Hi If I have a time dependent model that ran OK say from 0 to 50 microsecs and I wish to continue the simulation from 50 to 100 microsecs. How is this done? thanks David [/QUOTE] Hi David Not sure if I answer what you are asking for, but if you set your solution as your initial values/start conditions and solve for 50 more microseconds my thought would be that this is what you want. Nils E

Posted: 1 decade ago 31 août 2011, 10:01 UTC−4

Hi

How do you set a solution as an initial start condition?
Hi How do you set a solution as an initial start condition?

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 31 août 2011, 10:30 UTC−4
Hi

if you run a first i.e. stationary solver then "store the data" (specific solver node set manually or directly by COMSOL when 2 solvers are added in sequence) and start next solver with the "Stored solution" as "initial conditions" then I believe you have your study sequence

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if you run a first i.e. stationary solver then "store the data" (specific solver node set manually or directly by COMSOL when 2 solvers are added in sequence) and start next solver with the "Stored solution" as "initial conditions" then I believe you have your study sequence -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.