Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol error: no stored reaction force data

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi..,

I'm doing capacitance estimates around a circular geometry where the plates are around circular geometry(medium).

When i compute i get the plot, and when i calculate capacitance between the terminal and ground i get the error as "no stored reaction force data".

any suggestions.

fadhel

3 Replies Last Post 22 nov. 2011, 00:18 UTC−5

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 nov. 2011, 11:42 UTC−5
Make sure in the solver settings the box "reaction forces" is checked. I don't think it is checked by default, and Comsol relies on the reaction forces to compute the capacitance. If you don't see the "Reaction forces" checkbox in the solver settings, it's in the "Output" section, which may not be expanded.
Make sure in the solver settings the box "reaction forces" is checked. I don't think it is checked by default, and Comsol relies on the reaction forces to compute the capacitance. If you don't see the "Reaction forces" checkbox in the solver settings, it's in the "Output" section, which may not be expanded.

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 nov. 2011, 23:33 UTC−5
hi.. by the "output" section you meant the results..could you elloborate on the output section.
I havn found the area to check the reaction forces in solver settings.

fadhel
hi.. by the "output" section you meant the results..could you elloborate on the output section. I havn found the area to check the reaction forces in solver settings. fadhel

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 nov. 2011, 00:18 UTC−5
hi .. i've checked the reaction forces. and still i get the error same error message.

fadhel
hi .. i've checked the reaction forces. and still i get the error same error message. fadhel

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.