Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How can I calculate RMS of Electric Field?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi dear friends,

I have modeled a simple dielectrophoresis design using AC/DC Module in COMSOL 3.5a. A 7.5 V, 100 KHz voltage was applied to the electrodes and the model was solved in transient mode.

I can see Voltage and norm of Electric Field using Post Processing menu. However, I want to visualize RMS of Electric Field. Since E(rms)=sqrt(int_0^T(E^2)), the main problem is calculating integral in COMSOL.

Could anybody help me, please?

3 Replies Last Post 6 févr. 2012, 01:27 UTC−5

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 déc. 2011, 15:15 UTC−5
please answer??????????
please answer??????????

Posted: 1 decade ago 6 févr. 2012, 00:42 UTC−5
I tried the DC simulation instead. I don't know if it's appropriate or not.
I tried the DC simulation instead. I don't know if it's appropriate or not.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 6 févr. 2012, 01:27 UTC−5
Hi
check your variables in the uquation view, I beleive the rms value is already defined therein, in 3.5a the doc was rather exhasitve about all internal variables too

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi check your variables in the uquation view, I beleive the rms value is already defined therein, in 3.5a the doc was rather exhasitve about all internal variables too -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.