Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Rigid connector for applying load

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I am trying to apply a force on a solid body from a point that is some distance from the body by using Rigid connector. I have a surface on the body and I made a Point in the space and I try to make a Rigid connector from the surface and the point. It does't work, I am not able to select the point, only the surface. Can someone help me with that? Am I using the right aproch for this?

Thanks

Ofir

2 Replies Last Post 29 oct. 2019, 09:42 UTC−4
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago 28 oct. 2019, 06:20 UTC−4
Updated: 5 years ago 28 oct. 2019, 02:20 UTC−4

Hi,

In the Applied Force subnode under Rigid Connector, you enter the coordinates of where the fore acts, rather than providing a geometrical point.

Regards,
Henrik

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Hi, In the **Applied Force** subnode under **Rigid Connector**, you enter the coordinates of where the fore acts, rather than providing a geometrical point. Regards, Henrik

Posted: 5 years ago 29 oct. 2019, 09:42 UTC−4

Hi Henrik

It works!

Thank you very mach!

Ofir

Hi Henrik It works! Thank you very mach! Ofir

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.