Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Failed to evaluate variable Jacobian.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, All
May I use microwave heating, error is

Failed to evaluate variable Jacobian.
- Variable: mod1.mh.iomega
- Geometry: 1
- Boundary: 1 2 3 4 11 12 14 15 16 18

What can I can do?
What is the message meaning?

Thank you!

4 Replies Last Post 21 déc. 2011, 04:15 UTC−5

Posted: 1 decade ago 20 déc. 2011, 03:55 UTC−5
I have this problem too...
I have this problem too...

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 20 déc. 2011, 04:07 UTC−5
Hi

most probably you have an input error in one of the formula defining the frequency, or that you have given a formula that cannot be derived so that the Jacobian cannot be extracted, then the solver does not know how/where to "through" for the next guess in it's iterative solving process

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi most probably you have an input error in one of the formula defining the frequency, or that you have given a formula that cannot be derived so that the Jacobian cannot be extracted, then the solver does not know how/where to "through" for the next guess in it's iterative solving process -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 20 déc. 2011, 12:38 UTC−5
Hi
Check whether u have entered all the values
Check whether u have selected domains for load or material
If u still get the same error, Check whether u have entered the correct equation or correct function definition

Good luck
Hi Check whether u have entered all the values Check whether u have selected domains for load or material If u still get the same error, Check whether u have entered the correct equation or correct function definition Good luck

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 déc. 2011, 04:15 UTC−5
Thanks..
It was for wrong selected domain for equations.

Thanks.. It was for wrong selected domain for equations.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.