Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to plot the partial derivative of Magnetic flux

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

From the Magnetic field simulation result, I want to calculate the partial derivative of magnetic flux density.

Though, magnetic flux density shows fairly good result, the derivative of magnetic flux density is trivial.

That is, I want to calculate pd(mef.Bx,x) from mef.Bx, mef.Bx is 0.

Based on the exising technical forum, I chaned the discretization option, there was no difference.

Could you let me know how to sovle the partial derivative of magnetic flux density, pd(mef.Bx,x), by change any option in the model?

Thanks,

2 Replies Last Post 22 déc. 2011, 20:10 UTC−5

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 déc. 2011, 02:54 UTC−5
I think you should be using the d(...) operator to get what you want, not pd(...).
I think you should be using the d(...) operator to get what you want, not pd(...).

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 déc. 2011, 20:10 UTC−5
Thank you for your reply.
However, it doesn't work to apply d(...) instead of pd(...).
Thank you for your reply. However, it doesn't work to apply d(...) instead of pd(...).

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.