Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

2D asymmertric cylinder

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am going to look at a cylinder i 2D, but my problem is how to draw this correcly when it it not symmetric around the axis. In 3D it would look like a tank with a small tube as an inlet in top, and a small tube as outlet in the bottom.

Is this possible to do in 2D?

1 Reply Last Post 7 avr. 2020, 00:03 UTC−4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 7 avr. 2020, 00:03 UTC−4

Probably not. If your geometry and physics are not axi-symmetric, then your options for representing them correctly with an axi-symmetric model are very limited. Consider a 3D model. If you have a plane of symmetry, take advantage of it. Also, you may be able to get more detailed and useful suggestions from this forum if you post a more detailed description of your model and what you are trying to accomplish with it. Good luck.

'

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Probably not. If your geometry and physics are *not* axi-symmetric, then your options for representing them correctly with an axi-symmetric model are very limited. Consider a 3D model. If you have a plane of symmetry, take advantage of it. Also, you may be able to get more detailed and useful suggestions from this forum if you post a more detailed description of your model and what you are trying to accomplish with it. Good luck. '

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.