Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulating Cells

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I'm running Comsol version 5.0 and I was wondering if it were possible to model cellular growth/response to a stimulus? I'm doing lab work involved in endothelial cells growing differently as a result of the stiffness of the material they're growing on. I was wondering if that were possible in Comsol?

Thanks!

1 Reply Last Post 10 avr. 2020, 15:59 UTC−4
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 10 avr. 2020, 15:59 UTC−4

Jake,

I don't think there is a pre-cooked application module for that. But if the phenomenon you are interested in can be described by partial differential equations and respective boundary conditions and material laws you can cook it with the mathematics interfaces. Probably not an exactly easy exercise though. Search the literature, somebody may have done that before.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Jake, I don't think there is a pre-cooked application module for that. But if the phenomenon you are interested in can be described by partial differential equations and respective boundary conditions and material laws you can cook it with the mathematics interfaces. Probably not an exactly easy exercise though. Search the literature, somebody may have done that before. Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.