Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3d - Rf Simulation: PML mesh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi people,
I must simulate a block of lossy material (10x10x15cm) in the space and a plane wave that hits it. This is the extention of the problem I had posted some time ago ("www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/24889/").
With your help I have set the space around the box 1.5 lambda times thick and the PML zone wide 1 lambda.
Now the new question is:
how make the PML mesh?
How many plane waves can I set toghether? Their experession become very big: is possible to semplify thei expression?

My settings are:
for the electric field (in Electromagnetics waves tab)

KEx*exp(i*emw.k0*(VerNx*x+VerNy*y+VerNz*z))
KEy*exp(i*emw.k0*(VerNx*x+VerNy*y+VerNz*z))
KEz*exp(i*emw.k0*(VerNx*x+VerNy*y+VerNz*z))

and with this parameters:

Fi 0 Longitude
Teta 0 Latitude
Alfa 0 polarization
Emax 1000 Electric field amplitude
GrToRad pi/180 Degrees to radiant conversion
KEn Emax*cos(GrToRad*Alfa) Normal field
KEt Emax*sin(GrToRad*Alfa) Tangential field
KEx KEt*sin(GrToRad*Fi)-KEn*cos(GrToRad*Teta)*cos(GrToRad*Fi)
KEy -KEt*cos(GrToRad*Fi)-KEn*cos(GrToRad*Teta)*sin(GrToRad*Fi)
KEz KEn*sin(GrToRad*Teta)
VerNx cos(GrToRad*Fi)*sin(GrToRad*Teta)
VerNy sin(GrToRad*Fi)*sin(GrToRad*Teta)
VerNz cos(GrToRad*Teta)

Thank you for attention.

Bye, Ale.

0 Replies Last Post 6 févr. 2012, 03:52 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ale Seravalli

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.