Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modeling Spinal Implants

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Everyone,

I am currently trying to model spinal implants utilizing the Solid Mechanics Physics portion of COMSOL.

I have imported two discs and a cage (A spinal implant) onto COMSOL and I tried compressing the cage. In order to do so, I applied a load on the top disc while keeping the bottom one fixed, this however gives me an error and does not compress the cage.

Another issue that I am having is that there are supposed to be two forces acting on the implant and no portion of the simulation should have fixed parts. However, whenever I do not fix a portion of the simulation, I get errors and when I apply two forces (100 N/m^2 in the y direction on both sides of the implant) I also get an error.

Is there any way to solve this issue?

Thank you very much for your help!

0 Replies Last Post 7 mars 2012, 14:22 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Xorge Alanis

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.