Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

problem in Mie Scattering of Plasmonic Nanoparticle simulation(model 3459)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone:

We met a problem in solving the extinction cross section of the single gold nanoparticle by using the model 3459.

We keep the size of the nanoparticle the same and change the diameter of the outter PML,
BUT, the calculated extinction spectra also change along with the PML.

That result is against the physics, and we will not be able to get the right spectrum.

So, any one could help, is there any trick need to notice or we did something wrong?

Thanks!

5 Replies Last Post 9 mars 2012, 10:41 UTC−5

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 mars 2012, 06:08 UTC−5
Can't access to the model u referred to.
Can't access to the model u referred to.

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 mars 2012, 13:12 UTC−5
I can't find the model. I looked instead on the similar model, called "Optical Scattering Off of a Gold Nanosphere". I changed the thickness of air around the particle moving PML away and the model seems stable for this change.
I can't find the model. I looked instead on the similar model, called "Optical Scattering Off of a Gold Nanosphere". I changed the thickness of air around the particle moving PML away and the model seems stable for this change.

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 mars 2012, 03:52 UTC−5
Do you mean the extinction calculated from far field is changing when PML is changed?
Do you mean the extinction calculated from far field is changing when PML is changed?

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 mars 2012, 10:38 UTC−5
Thank you! I'll try this new model
Thank you! I'll try this new model

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 mars 2012, 10:41 UTC−5

not only from the far field, near field results also change with PML
[QUOTE] Do you mean the extinction calculated from far field is changing when PML is changed? [/QUOTE] not only from the far field, near field results also change with PML

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.