Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to check number of seats from command line?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I am hoping to come up with a way to launch comsol jobs only if there are license seats available, but I could not find out how to check the number available licenses. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
-Memo

2 Replies Last Post 8 mars 2012, 16:52 UTC−5

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 mars 2012, 16:43 UTC−5
./lmstat -c [path to license.dat] -a

lmstat is located in comsol/license/glnxa64 (example for Linux 64)

--
Niklas
./lmstat -c [path to license.dat] -a lmstat is located in comsol/license/glnxa64 (example for Linux 64) -- Niklas

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 mars 2012, 16:52 UTC−5

./lmstat -c [path to license.dat] -a

Thanks Niklas!

I actually saw this command before and tried it, but it does not show the number of seats. It only shows whether the license server is up or down :(

lmstat - Copyright (c) 1989-2004 by Macrovision Corporation. All rights reserved.
Flexible License Manager status on Thu 3/8/2012 16:47

License server status: 1716@comsol-r-lic.xxx.edu
License file(s) on comsol-r-lic.xxx.edu: C:\flexlm\Licenses\Comsol\comsol.lic:

comsol-r-lic.xxx.edu: license server UP v11.5

Vendor daemon status (on primed):

-Memo

PS: xxx's are for avoiding google indexing :)
[QUOTE] ./lmstat -c [path to license.dat] -a [/QUOTE] Thanks Niklas! I actually saw this command before and tried it, but it does not show the number of seats. It only shows whether the license server is up or down :( lmstat - Copyright (c) 1989-2004 by Macrovision Corporation. All rights reserved. Flexible License Manager status on Thu 3/8/2012 16:47 License server status: 1716@comsol-r-lic.xxx.edu License file(s) on comsol-r-lic.xxx.edu: C:\flexlm\Licenses\Comsol\comsol.lic: comsol-r-lic.xxx.edu: license server UP v11.5 Vendor daemon status (on primed): -Memo PS: xxx's are for avoiding google indexing :)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.