Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Cut Line and Cut Point display

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good Day, As I set up Data Sets using Cut Lines and Cut Points in 2D models COMSOL provides visual assistance. These take the form of an X,Y Axis pair for the Cut Lines and a red spot for the Cut Points. Unfortunately the axis pair can obstruct the short cut line such that I cannot be sure of correct placement. Similarly the red spot is quite large and obstructs local geometry. (These models are MEMS devices and it is set to um.)

Are you aware of a way to either: Reduce the size, displace, or turn off these visual aids? I don't see them in the Preferences set.

Many Thanks for your advice.

1 Reply Last Post 13 mars 2012, 10:17 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 mars 2012, 10:17 UTC−4
COMSOL Support was able to provide this news....The fix is in the works.

"Thank you for your report. We are aware of this issue with the local axis
hiding the cut lines in 2D. Our developers have fixed this for the upcoming
release of COMSOL 4.3 which will be available this summer. In version 4.3,
the axis will never grow larger than a certain percentage of the cut line's
length.

The size of the red dot shown in Cut Points 2D previews is reported, but
this is not yet fixed. I will add your feedback to the internal issue
report.

Unfortunately, there are no workarounds for the above issues in version
4.2a. I am sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you."
COMSOL Support was able to provide this news....The fix is in the works. "Thank you for your report. We are aware of this issue with the local axis hiding the cut lines in 2D. Our developers have fixed this for the upcoming release of COMSOL 4.3 which will be available this summer. In version 4.3, the axis will never grow larger than a certain percentage of the cut line's length. The size of the red dot shown in Cut Points 2D previews is reported, but this is not yet fixed. I will add your feedback to the internal issue report. Unfortunately, there are no workarounds for the above issues in version 4.2a. I am sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you."

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.