Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

pulse

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Sir

i want to apply voltage source in the form of pulse train with ampliude 13kV
and freq.1000 Hz on cable termination to see its effect on temperature

after 40min. I can not solve it by time dependent solver , itl will take horriable time!

what can i do?

2 Replies Last Post 13 mars 2012, 12:42 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 mars 2012, 09:09 UTC−4
You could try to determine the heat flow at the terminal in a stationary model and use this result in a time dependent heat exchange model that doesn't need to resolve the AC waveform.

Cheers
Edgar
You could try to determine the heat flow at the terminal in a stationary model and use this result in a time dependent heat exchange model that doesn't need to resolve the AC waveform. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 mars 2012, 12:42 UTC−4
Dear Sir

could you please , give me some detetails about that solution. how i can get the heat flow?
Dear Sir could you please , give me some detetails about that solution. how i can get the heat flow?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.