Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to import correctly a 3D model of a building in comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear colleagues,

I'm an italian student of the departement of Building Engineering and in this period I'm working on a project about natural ventilation of buildings. In particulary I would like to compare the resuslts of a study that I made in a wind tunnel with the results of Comsol.
In this days I tried to import a 3D model in comsol: it's a model made with Rhynoceros so I save it in the ACIS format in order to import it with comsol, but when I import it I'm not capable to import it correctly and I read the follow message: "error 2152 Unable to determine topology of point in 2D". I tried to import every single different part of the model and it was good, but when I'm going to import the entire model i found the error 2152.
It dipens probabily by the big number of elements? I really don't know..but it's not a very big model, It has been designed in metres and there are not complex geometries. Every part of the model is made by solid elements and not surface.
Thank you for your consideration.
My best regards.

Alessandro Blanc

1 Reply Last Post 26 mars 2012, 10:44 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 26 mars 2012, 10:44 UTC−4
this is the model made with Rhynoceros.
this is the model made with Rhynoceros.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.