Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Is the "node" in circuit the same with the "boundary" in lumped ports?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody.

I'm new here and i have come across with many many stupid questions like this== .
If they are different ,then what does the "node" refers to when I want to add a voltage excitation in the physics "circuit" into the model.

Thank you very much.

3 Replies Last Post 7 mai 2012, 14:18 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 mai 2012, 11:12 UTC−4
Hi

the node in the Circuit are the Spice type nodes (where you sum the currents) while in the BC itsTerminal id numbers to distinguish the different terminal names

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi the node in the Circuit are the Spice type nodes (where you sum the currents) while in the BC itsTerminal id numbers to distinguish the different terminal names -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 mai 2012, 08:19 UTC−4
Thank you Ivar!

Now I want to add a voltage source between two terminals , how can I define the "node" in the setting window of the voltage source?
Should I define the nodes first? Where should I do this then?

Thank you so much,
sincerely yours.

Thank you Ivar! Now I want to add a voltage source between two terminals , how can I define the "node" in the setting window of the voltage source? Should I define the nodes first? Where should I do this then? Thank you so much, sincerely yours.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 mai 2012, 14:18 UTC−4
Hi

you can define a boundary to gnd and another to a voltage source inside most ACDC physics without any "circuit".

The latter is really usefull if you want to add some know electronics, such as an amplifier or a feedback loop or a sensor conditionner electronics with a know impedance

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you can define a boundary to gnd and another to a voltage source inside most ACDC physics without any "circuit". The latter is really usefull if you want to add some know electronics, such as an amplifier or a feedback loop or a sensor conditionner electronics with a know impedance -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.