Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Basic doubt about comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi ,
Is there any place where i can read about each of the options in the results section ? I mean i want to know what each of the functions calculate , for example von mises , stress tensors etc I don't really understand what they mean , i would like to read about each of the functions and choose the appropriate one.
Looking for a speedy response
Cheers

1 Reply Last Post 23 mai 2012, 07:02 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 mai 2012, 07:02 UTC−4
Hi

sorry there is no "speedy response" to your question, from my understanding ;)

The best is to note down the main terms, and look up a few books (or wiki) and do your homework.

Most of these variables have their origine from far back in hand calculations time, but remain still the reference to compare todays detailed results with previous ones. So in fact you should not have any difficulties to find enough descriptions about most of these terms in books or on the web

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi sorry there is no "speedy response" to your question, from my understanding ;) The best is to note down the main terms, and look up a few books (or wiki) and do your homework. Most of these variables have their origine from far back in hand calculations time, but remain still the reference to compare todays detailed results with previous ones. So in fact you should not have any difficulties to find enough descriptions about most of these terms in books or on the web -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.