Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Create my own behaviour law

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I want to create a soil model in COMSOL but I have not the Geomechanical module.
In order to modelize as good as possible, I want to implement my own behaviour law (Drucker Prager, Cam Clay...).

Where can I do that ? And how ?

I know that it is possible, it's realized in the "Stresses in the soil surrounding a traffic tunnel" tutorial but it's in 3.5a version and I'm in 4.2...

Thank you

(sorry for my english... I'm french)

Antoine

1 Reply Last Post 22 juin 2012, 06:09 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 juin 2012, 06:09 UTC−4
Hi

most of the FORUM users are not native English speakers (neither not me ;), but sticking to a common language is easier for us all,and its good training for your English then.

I would say try to look at the COMSOL internal equations (turn on the equation view), and read carefully the doc a few times. But I agree with you that using 3.5 tutorials is difficult, particularly if you are beginning,

Unfortunately I do not have any such models (neither the geo module). My suggestion start simpel and go step by step, sorry cannot propose more for your case

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi most of the FORUM users are not native English speakers (neither not me ;), but sticking to a common language is easier for us all,and its good training for your English then. I would say try to look at the COMSOL internal equations (turn on the equation view), and read carefully the doc a few times. But I agree with you that using 3.5 tutorials is difficult, particularly if you are beginning, Unfortunately I do not have any such models (neither the geo module). My suggestion start simpel and go step by step, sorry cannot propose more for your case -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.