Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulating movement

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm trying to simulate the movement of a certain body when it is subjected to wind forces.
Is there any easy way to do this in Comsol.

Thank you

Viddy

2 Replies Last Post 28 juin 2012, 07:03 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 27 juin 2012, 12:55 UTC−4
Hi

there are two ways: either you know the pressure field spatially and temporally (or in frequency content) and you apply this as a boundary pressure load to your Solid (structure physics),

Or you go for a full FSI (fluid-structure interface) physics which is far heavier but gives a coupled interaction: the wind pushes the structure that changes the wind shape etc.

But a more complex model means more time to set it up, to run it, and to validate it, not to say larger computer(s), you might need a cluster depending on your model size

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi there are two ways: either you know the pressure field spatially and temporally (or in frequency content) and you apply this as a boundary pressure load to your Solid (structure physics), Or you go for a full FSI (fluid-structure interface) physics which is far heavier but gives a coupled interaction: the wind pushes the structure that changes the wind shape etc. But a more complex model means more time to set it up, to run it, and to validate it, not to say larger computer(s), you might need a cluster depending on your model size -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 28 juin 2012, 07:03 UTC−4
Thank you, for your advise, its much appreciated.
I'll give it a go.
Thank you, for your advise, its much appreciated. I'll give it a go.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.