Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error message in static analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I am trying to run a static analysis on Comsol 4.3, on a wind turbine blade.

I have fixed constrains and apply force, but I have this error message.

Is someone already have this message ?

thank you

Marine

8 Replies Last Post 25 juil. 2012, 17:14 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 juil. 2012, 00:58 UTC−4
Hi

I would usggest that you check your material properties, some either they (or some) are missing, or something is wrongly coupled

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I would usggest that you check your material properties, some either they (or some) are missing, or something is wrongly coupled -- Good luck Ivar

Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 juil. 2012, 09:39 UTC−4
It looks like a post-processing plotting error. Did the Study Step converge?
It looks like a post-processing plotting error. Did the Study Step converge?

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 juil. 2012, 15:55 UTC−4
thank you for responding.

I have check, my material is good apply.

There is no solution, because I have directly this error message.

thank you for responding. I have check, my material is good apply. There is no solution, because I have directly this error message.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 juil. 2012, 16:37 UTC−4
Hi

now I notice a specific word in there : "boundary" !
Normally one define the material properties on domains, these are not propagated to boundaries, so as Nagi is stating you are probably asking for something in the postprocessing on Boundries that is not defined,

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi now I notice a specific word in there : "boundary" ! Normally one define the material properties on domains, these are not propagated to boundaries, so as Nagi is stating you are probably asking for something in the postprocessing on Boundries that is not defined, -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 juil. 2012, 16:46 UTC−4
When I try to apply boundary on the model, it is write (not applicable).
So certainly the problem is from that.... is my geometry wrong ?
When I try to apply boundary on the model, it is write (not applicable). So certainly the problem is from that.... is my geometry wrong ?

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 juil. 2012, 17:04 UTC−4
Hi

it could be but perhaps its the mesh, you model looks like a 3D geoemtry, but looking closer I see only a 2D tri mesh, and not a 3D thet mesh. normally you should have a warning "not all domains meshed" and as you have defined the material properties on the domain (I suppose) the boundaries are not defined (nd probably shoul neither not be ;) but with a surface mesh you will get such erors, not all obvious to debug.

Hope it's this ;), try adding a thet mesh node, or use a default physics mesh

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi it could be but perhaps its the mesh, you model looks like a 3D geoemtry, but looking closer I see only a 2D tri mesh, and not a 3D thet mesh. normally you should have a warning "not all domains meshed" and as you have defined the material properties on the domain (I suppose) the boundaries are not defined (nd probably shoul neither not be ;) but with a surface mesh you will get such erors, not all obvious to debug. Hope it's this ;), try adding a thet mesh node, or use a default physics mesh -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 juil. 2012, 17:07 UTC−4
Is there the problem from: union or assembly in the geometry ?

I need a static analysis, and apply fixed constrains and boundary load...
Is there the problem from: union or assembly in the geometry ? I need a static analysis, and apply fixed constrains and boundary load...

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 juil. 2012, 17:14 UTC−4
Hi

no I believe frst you should check the MESH, you need a 3D thet mesh on the domains and not ONLY a 2D tri mesh (of boundaries)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi no I believe frst you should check the MESH, you need a 3D thet mesh on the domains and not ONLY a 2D tri mesh (of boundaries) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.