Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Ba0.6Sr0.4TiO3 material properties as dielectric material for capacitor

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi I am an absolute beginner to Comsol and I am working on thin film capacitor simulation.

Does anyone work with Ba0.6Sr0.4TiO3 as a dielectric material?
I want to simulate the capacitance of capacitor but I do not know what properties to set
in Ba0.6Sr0.4TiO3 material..

Could anybody help me on this?

Thank you

5 Replies Last Post 25 juil. 2012, 20:14 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 juil. 2012, 00:29 UTC−4
Any suggestion or comment will be very helpful :)
Any suggestion or comment will be very helpful :)

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 juil. 2012, 02:12 UTC−4
Hi

material properties, particularly for multi physics are often difficult to find. probably here are not many out here reading and using your material, or it's perhaps also that that kind of material has properties that are very much deposit technology dependent. The bst is to seach the scientific litterature, or matweb or whatever to get the basic material properties

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi material properties, particularly for multi physics are often difficult to find. probably here are not many out here reading and using your material, or it's perhaps also that that kind of material has properties that are very much deposit technology dependent. The bst is to seach the scientific litterature, or matweb or whatever to get the basic material properties -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 juil. 2012, 03:52 UTC−4
Thank you Ivar :)

I have searched the BST material properties, however I am not sure which properties are important to include.

Hi

material properties, particularly for multi physics are often difficult to find. probably here are not many out here reading and using your material, or it's perhaps also that that kind of material has properties that are very much deposit technology dependent. The bst is to seach the scientific litterature, or matweb or whatever to get the basic material properties

--
Good luck
Ivar

Thank you Ivar :) I have searched the BST material properties, however I am not sure which properties are important to include. [QUOTE] Hi material properties, particularly for multi physics are often difficult to find. probably here are not many out here reading and using your material, or it's perhaps also that that kind of material has properties that are very much deposit technology dependent. The bst is to seach the scientific litterature, or matweb or whatever to get the basic material properties -- Good luck Ivar [/QUOTE]

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 juil. 2012, 16:17 UTC−4
Hi

that all depends on the physics you choose and the variables you scan ofr your model:
- can you do with scalars ?,
- do you need anisotropic values? ,
- does the temperature T have an inluence ?,
- the electric field ?
- hte magnetic field ?

In anycase start simple, then complexify when the simple model works and add one level at the time, this given best chances to converge

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi that all depends on the physics you choose and the variables you scan ofr your model: - can you do with scalars ?, - do you need anisotropic values? , - does the temperature T have an inluence ?, - the electric field ? - hte magnetic field ? - ... In anycase start simple, then complexify when the simple model works and add one level at the time, this given best chances to converge -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 juil. 2012, 20:14 UTC−4
Thank you so much for your advice..

I'll try from a simple start then.

Have a good day

==

Rheza
Thank you so much for your advice.. I'll try from a simple start then. Have a good day == Rheza

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.