Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to induce temperature-dependent variable in HTS cable model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am new to COMSOL, and i am trying to model of ac losses in HTS cable. Firstly, i have already implemented T-independent model, which assumes Jc and alpha as constant. In this assumption, the comsol can work well. However, now i need to consider the effects of temperature on Jc and alpha. I simply change the Jc and alpha from parameters to variables. It encountered a problem:

Feature:Time-Dependent Solver1(sol1/t1)
Error: Failed to evaluate expression.

Checking the Error, it said
Attempt to evaluate real logarithm of negative number.
- Function: log
Failed to evaluate temporary symbolic derivative variable.

However, i have clearly defined these variables in Model1. Hope someone can help me.

1 Reply Last Post 6 août 2012, 09:53 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 6 août 2012, 09:53 UTC−4
Hallo Anlong,

it tells you that it tries to compute the log from a negative nuimber. Look where you use
log and make sure its argument never becomes negative.

Jens
Hallo Anlong, it tells you that it tries to compute the log from a negative nuimber. Look where you use log and make sure its argument never becomes negative. Jens

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.