Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How I can export the value (for exemple a Force) of a element and not of a point?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I should export the Lorentz's forces, after a EM analysis. My interest is to have the value of the force for each element and not for each node or mesh point. Comsol must have the value of each element because for compute the value in each node or mesh point, it compute this with the value of the element and the shapes fonctions of element.

1 Reply Last Post 3 août 2012, 18:24 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 3 août 2012, 18:24 UTC−4
Hi

the COMSOL way is to give neither node nor element values but the domain or boundary field values, from the discretized dependent values solved. What more do you need, you can use a cut line/surface if you want a value anywhere within the geoemtry, or you can add some internal boundaries to export over

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi the COMSOL way is to give neither node nor element values but the domain or boundary field values, from the discretized dependent values solved. What more do you need, you can use a cut line/surface if you want a value anywhere within the geoemtry, or you can add some internal boundaries to export over -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.