Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

calculate the volume under certain condition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Now I'm in trouble in calculating volume of result.

For example, when I did electromagnet field simulation for plasmonic nanoparticle at certain matched wavelength in RF module or wave optics, I could get the electromagnetic field contour map 3d or 2d plane. In this part, when i got 3d electric field contour map, can i get the certain volume in this type of map??? if there is range of e-field 0 to 300, can i get the volume that satisfying my condition selectively like certain range 100 to 200?

If it is possible please explain me.... I 'm newbie in this area... \

Thank you for reading this

4 Replies Last Post 25 avr. 2023, 07:10 UTC−4
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 year ago 24 avr. 2023, 10:46 UTC−4

Suppose that you want to compute the volume where EXPR is between A and B. Then you can use a Volume Integration feature in Results > Derived Values or Results > Evaluation Group and use the integrand expression

(EXPR >= A) && (EXPR <= B)

There are more advanced variations of this technique that give better accuracy: You can use Filter datasets to extract the volume that satisfies the conditions.

Suppose that you want to compute the volume where EXPR is between A and B. Then you can use a Volume Integration feature in Results > Derived Values or Results > Evaluation Group and use the integrand expression (EXPR >= A) && (EXPR

Posted: 1 year ago 25 avr. 2023, 01:45 UTC−4
Updated: 1 year ago 25 avr. 2023, 01:45 UTC−4

I really appreciate to your kind answer for this question.

I understand what you mean exactly but can you explain more about more advanced variations for better accuracy by using filter dataset?

I really appreciate to your kind answer for this question. I understand what you mean exactly but can you explain more about more advanced variations for better accuracy by using filter dataset?

Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 year ago 25 avr. 2023, 03:41 UTC−4

I really appreciate to your kind answer for this question.

I understand what you mean exactly but can you explain more about more advanced variations for better accuracy by using filter dataset?

To measure the volume of the domain where EXPR <= B:

• Create a Filter dataset.
  • Set the Expression to EXPR.
  • Set Bounds to Upper.
  • Set Upper bound to B.
  • Create a Volume Integration feature that refers to the Filter dataset, set the expression to 1.

To generalize this to A <= EXPR <= B, use two Filter datasets.

>I really appreciate to your kind answer for this question. > >I understand what you mean exactly but can you explain more about more advanced variations for better accuracy by using filter dataset? To measure the volume of the domain where EXPR

Posted: 1 year ago 25 avr. 2023, 07:10 UTC−4

Thanks you for your favor.

Actually now this is the almost first time to doing simulate like this.

Again thank you!

Thanks you for your favor. Actually now this is the almost first time to doing simulate like this. Again thank you!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.