Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to Use Solutions from Previous Study as Initial Conditions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm trying to perform two RF simulations on the same model, but with two different sets of material definitions. The goal is to run a simulation on the first model and then use that solution as the background field in the second model. So far I have made two versions of the models differing only in materials.

I am having trouble "accessing" the solution from the first model. I have tried using both one study and two studies. When using one study I was expecting mod1.emw1.Ex would be the field from the first model, but COMSOL gives an error. When using two studies, I haven't found been able to find the correct syntax to access a stored solution.

Does anyone have any advice/leads on how to overcome this issue.

Thanks,

1 Reply Last Post 24 oct. 2012, 01:01 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 24 oct. 2012, 01:01 UTC−4
Hi

check the doc and the main study node: Values of Dependent Variables tab (you might need to turn on the "View" of some of the "advanced" study (or results or physics) options. COMSOL by default gives a simplified node display, to avoid clogging and confusing newcomers, (personally I run with all modes on)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi check the doc and the main study node: Values of Dependent Variables tab (you might need to turn on the "View" of some of the "advanced" study (or results or physics) options. COMSOL by default gives a simplified node display, to avoid clogging and confusing newcomers, (personally I run with all modes on) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.