Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Diffusion problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi friends

I want to model a fluid (Air) from one side and gases (3 species i.e xenon,radon,helium) to diffuse from the bottom.
the problem is when i select air for the domain for fluid flow and then want to select these gases from Material selection list then Air is overridden by new material. what should i do for selection of material for diffusion ?
is it not need to select material from the material list for diffusion ?

1 Reply Last Post 7 nov. 2012, 10:57 UTC−5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 nov. 2012, 10:57 UTC−5
Hi,
You have the gaseous mixture, so you need to define all the physical properties for multicomponent not for the individual component. Under material selection, Comsol has defined physical properties only for pure component not for the multicomponent.
good luck
Mayur
Hi, You have the gaseous mixture, so you need to define all the physical properties for multicomponent not for the individual component. Under material selection, Comsol has defined physical properties only for pure component not for the multicomponent. good luck Mayur

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.