Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using domain probe value to derive other expression

Oluwafemi Akinmolayan

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am stuck with this. Let's say i have a domain probe variable as "dom1" with the expression acpr.pt. When i compute the model. I can see the values in the table log.

However, when I try to use the "dom1" variable to evaluate other expression in the derived values, it outputs NaN. I wonder if there are other mean to assigned variable name to probe in post processing results.

Please help.

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post 15 août 2023, 04:33 UTC−4
Acculution ApS Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 months ago 15 août 2023, 04:33 UTC−4

Under Domain Probe you should be able to select more than just pressure, but I would need to see the file. Note that with domain comes some integration or average or similar, so the actual value might not be telling you that much. When I just tried it, I could evaluate acpr.v_inst without any problem, so perhaps you are not entering the variables correctly.

-------------------
René Christensen, PhD
Acculution ApS
www.acculution.com
info@acculution.com
Under Domain Probe you should be able to select more than just pressure, but I would need to see the file. Note that with domain comes some integration or average or similar, so the actual value might not be telling you that much. When I just tried it, I could evaluate acpr.v_inst without any problem, so perhaps you are not entering the variables correctly.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.