Help Finding Work Around for Composite Material Module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all.

I was trying to follow along with the "Piezoelectricity in a Layered Shell" tutorial but I could not reproduce what they were making because I do not have the Composite Material Module. I believe this tutorial is exactly what I am imagining my stack to look like - I only wanted to switch out the materials they use for mine.

Does anybody know a way to produce a similar simulation than they did in this tutorial without access to the Composite Materials module? I have access to the MEMs, AC/DC, and Structural Mechanics modules which are all ones the tutorial page could be used in combination with the composite materials module.

Here is the link to the tutorial I am referencing: https://www.comsol.com/model/piezoelectricity-in-a-layered-shell-78301

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Reply Last Post 4 févr. 2024, 07:25 UTC−5
Acculution ApS Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 months ago 4 févr. 2024, 07:25 UTC−5

I guess you could do it with solids instead of shells, or possible multiple shells, since there are only a few layers.

-------------------
René Christensen, PhD
Acculution ApS
www.acculution.com
info@acculution.com
I guess you could do it with solids instead of shells, or possible multiple shells, since there are only a few layers.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.