Initial Values for Magnetic Vector Potential

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I want to perform a time-domain study of wave propagation in a WG (input wave frequency is sweeped from a Fmin to a Fmax in a given time interval). I followed what reported on this discussion:

https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/121532/Plane-Wave-and-Excitation-in-Time-Domain-Analysis-

My problem is that I know the Electric field of my incident wave (TE10 field), but also the magnetic vector potential of the incident wave is requested. How can I solve this problem?

1 Reply Last Post 7 mai 2024, 10:17 UTC−4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 weeks ago 7 mai 2024, 10:17 UTC−4
Updated: 2 weeks ago 7 mai 2024, 10:23 UTC−4

Hmmm. Are you using the RF module or something else? Also, if you are sweeping a frequency over time, but if your frequency changes slowly with time and/or if the physics details don't depend critically on time, then you might want to consider doing a frequency-domain study instead. Either way, I suggest you post your .mph file to the forum so that readers here can better understand what you are trying to accomplish.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Hmmm. Are you using the RF module or something else? Also, if you are sweeping a frequency over time, but if your frequency changes slowly with time and/or if the physics details don't depend critically on time, then you might want to consider doing a frequency-domain study instead. Either way, I suggest you post your .mph file to the forum so that readers here can better understand what you are trying to accomplish.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.