Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Reordering nodes in COMSOL 4.0?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Is there a way to reorder nodes in the Model Builder tree in COMSOL 4.0? One can add a node after the 'current node', but once a new node is added, is there a way to move it, or does it require a delete/reinsert operation?

-- Steve

4 Replies Last Post 14 mai 2010, 16:57 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 mai 2010, 02:13 UTC−4
Hi Steve, to my experience it is as you say and no sorting. Hope there is away. It is boring not to be able to copy/paste/order the nodes, not to mention drag n drop between hierarchies.
Hi Steve, to my experience it is as you say and no sorting. Hope there is away. It is boring not to be able to copy/paste/order the nodes, not to mention drag n drop between hierarchies.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 mai 2010, 02:41 UTC−4
Hi

These points are what I typically send to COMSOL under the catergory "suggestion for improvements" with some explanations and possible y screen snapshot, and I beleive its important that we are several to send them so they can be prioritise the demands.

Anyhow there is not many Cntr C, V, Z in here yet, will certainly come

Have fun Comsoling
Ivar
Hi These points are what I typically send to COMSOL under the catergory "suggestion for improvements" with some explanations and possible y screen snapshot, and I beleive its important that we are several to send them so they can be prioritise the demands. Anyhow there is not many Cntr C, V, Z in here yet, will certainly come Have fun Comsoling Ivar

Daniel Smith COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 mai 2010, 08:50 UTC−4
Hi Steve, if you are defining a geometry or mesh sequence you can insert a node after any target node by right clicking on the target node and choosing "build selected". Now right click on geometry (or mesh) and add a new node to the tree. The node will be inserted below the target node but above the other nodes under geometry (or mesh).

Support for moving nodes up and down in the tree for physics, study, materials etc. will be available in version 4.0a.

/ Dan
Hi Steve, if you are defining a geometry or mesh sequence you can insert a node after any target node by right clicking on the target node and choosing "build selected". Now right click on geometry (or mesh) and add a new node to the tree. The node will be inserted below the target node but above the other nodes under geometry (or mesh). Support for moving nodes up and down in the tree for physics, study, materials etc. will be available in version 4.0a. / Dan

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 mai 2010, 16:57 UTC−4
Thanks Dan (Ivar and Danial)

I've figured out how to add in the right place, but after building up a complex model it would be nice to organize the nodes. Sounds like it's in the next release, so I won't bother to submit a suggestion.

Moving to V4 was slightly painful at first, but now that I'm getting used to it, the benefits are quite worth it. Great product!
Thanks Dan (Ivar and Danial) I've figured out how to add in the right place, but after building up a complex model it would be nice to organize the nodes. Sounds like it's in the next release, so I won't bother to submit a suggestion. Moving to V4 was slightly painful at first, but now that I'm getting used to it, the benefits are quite worth it. Great product!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.