Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error 8032

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

HI All,

I declared few global expressions and would like to plot them. When I go to postprocessing mode ->global variables plot and select the global variable I wish to plot, it returns an error message 8032: eeffmg is not a valid global expression (eeffmg is the name of my global expression). But I already declared it as a global expression! What can 'not valid global expression' mean apart from declaring it global variables?

Any tips on how to work around this problem? Did this happen to any of you guys? I attached my model file, please tell me if I should make any changes to it.

Thanx in advance!

Rajesh.

3 Replies Last Post 23 juin 2010, 12:44 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 juin 2010, 05:57 UTC−4
You have to start back tracing why eem... can not be evaluated. First e3 can not be evaluated so term1 is not valid, and so on.
You have to start back tracing why eem... can not be evaluated. First e3 can not be evaluated so term1 is not valid, and so on.

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 juin 2010, 11:42 UTC−4

First e3 can not be evaluated so term1 is not valid, and so on.

Firstly, Thanx for your reply Danial. I appreciate it.

I declared e3 as a constant. You think it should be declared as a global expression?

Secondly, I think I figured out what the problem is. The variable 'z', which I was using with parametric solver is a user defined global expression and not an expression intrinsically defined in the model. When I simply replaced 'z' with 'nu_emqvw' (declared as frequency in the model) and keeping everything else the same, I could successfully do a global variables plot. Can you think of a way to work around this problem?

Regards,
Rajesh.

[QUOTE] First e3 can not be evaluated so term1 is not valid, and so on. [/QUOTE] Firstly, Thanx for your reply Danial. I appreciate it. I declared e3 as a constant. You think it should be declared as a global expression? Secondly, I think I figured out what the problem is. The variable 'z', which I was using with parametric solver is a user defined global expression and not an expression intrinsically defined in the model. When I simply replaced 'z' with 'nu_emqvw' (declared as frequency in the model) and keeping everything else the same, I could successfully do a global variables plot. Can you think of a way to work around this problem? Regards, Rajesh.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 juin 2010, 12:44 UTC−4
Hi

Yes be careful with naming, there are a lot of simple lettres that are used and have speicif significations such as
i, j, p, s, t, T, u, v, w, x, X, y, Y, z, Z ... and many more, and these are also case sensitive.

Have fun Comsoling
Ivar
Hi Yes be careful with naming, there are a lot of simple lettres that are used and have speicif significations such as i, j, p, s, t, T, u, v, w, x, X, y, Y, z, Z ... and many more, and these are also case sensitive. Have fun Comsoling Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.