Multiphysics Simulation: An IEEE Spectrum Insert 2017
The latest edition of Multiphysics Simulation contains wide-ranging examples of how numerical simulation is being used to transform R&D and product design across industries. This issue highlights how vehicle electrification companies, 5G component manufacturers, and large scientific research groups have all benefited from using multiphysics modeling and simulation apps to tackle unique technology challenges. Learn how engineers at CERN designed a fault protection device that helped avoid costly shutdowns of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) and how simulation is used to produce on-demand connectors for high-speed RF applications at Signal Microwave.
Click the button below to read the digital version.
- Piezoelectric cooling fans
- LHC protection system
- Electric motor design
- 5G network components
- Proton exchange membrane fuel cells
- Memory chip manufacturing
- Simulation apps for teaching
- Simulation apps for additive manufacturing
- Optical fiber pressure sensors
- Li-ion battery modeling and simulation