When setting up a simulation, there are many instances in which you will need to select geometric entities, such as domains or boundaries, in your model. COMSOL Multiphysics® contains many functionalities for selecting geometric entities in your model that make working with complex geometries or reaching interior domains and boundaries easy.
This video explains each method and its advantages in different scenarios, including using:
- The mouse in the Graphics window to select simple geometries or individual entities
- The mouse scroll-wheel button to reach interior geometric entities
- The Graphics window toolbar to select multiple entities quickly
- The Selection List window to use for complex geometries
- The Settings window toolbar to copy and paste lists of geometric entities from one node's settings to another
- Preselections to add physics nodes from the ribbon